Panorama has received clarification from the Provincial Health Officer and Island Health regarding spectator limits and Vaccine Card requirements for both Arena A and B. This information is not a surprise given the changes we have seen at other recreation centres and arenas. These rules will be starting immediately.
New: Proof of Vaccination will be required for Spectators (12 years and older) to enter the Arena when there are 50 or more spectators.
PMHA does not want teams to limit spectators. We know families want to watch their kids play and also want the opportunity to invite Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and Friends. Our game is back and PMHA chooses not to limit fully vaccinated spectators from watching and cheering for our hockey players. To make this happen, PMHA teams will need a new process in place to monitor spectator numbers. Each team will be required to monitor their own user group. A PMHA process has been sent to all Team Managers and will be implemented for this upcoming weekend.
- Spectators 12 years and older will need a BC Vaccine Card to enter.
- Spectators 19 years and older will need a BC Vaccine Card, and Government issued ID to enter.
- PMHA recommends planning ahead for those who are unable to provide Proof of Vaccination. Please avoid placing our volunteers in awkward situations.
- Rostered coaches, safeties and game volunteers will not be required to provide Proof of Vaccination.
- PMHA will have zero tolerance for abuse or intimidation of volunteers.
- Any incidents of abuse or intimidation will be reported immediately.