Find all information at bchockey.net.
- You must REGISTER and attend a clinic every year you officiate. Register early to ensure your spot.
- The cost of the clinic will be reimbursed by PMHA after the official works 5 games for level 1, or 8 games for level 2+.
Level 1-2 Clinic for brand new officials (no prior certifications): November 2nd 2021, 5pm-9pm. Registration Links:
Returning officials will certify through online courses provided directly from BC Hockey, register here.
All Officials 18yrs or older will require a valid Criminal Record Check before registering for your appropriate certification clinic, submit for CRC here.
New Officials: If you are a brand new official, you must complete the Hockey University online course before you can register for the Level 1 clinic.
NEW Maltreatment Module (2021-2022):
There is a new section of rulebook, and emphasis from Hockey Canada of Maltreatment in Hockey. BC Hockey VIDEO
- You get more immersed in the game, more time in your skates and a better understandings of the rules
- You can set your own schedule
- You gain resume skills: Professional conduct, handling tough situations in real-time, applying rules and procedures in dynamic environments
- You earn some cash
- You are giving back to the game, now and in the future to enable the next generation of hockey players
Want to be a Referee?
Referees are always needed. If you are 12 or older, and you want to learn about available refereeing opportunities, please contact PMHA's Referee in Chief.
Rates of pay vary depending on the level of play. Peninsula Minor Hockey also pays for training, and for the basic gear that new referees need to get started.
- WHL Officiating Development Video Series (included in link above)