If your are a returning player, you may register online from April 1st to April 30th. As of May 1st registration is open to all and priority is given in order of application. After April 30th, Returning Players can register through the link found under New Player Registration page. New players (includes new players at any level and those who are transferring from other associations) register through our New to PMHA form. The link can be found under the New Player Registration page.
To keep up with increasing costs of a running a not-for-profit hockey association, and to keep registration fees consistent with the pervious year, PMHA will once again include a fundraising fee of $100 per player which will be added to your registration. At some point in the season, you will receive a booklet of 10 tickets for cash prizes (amounts for 2023/24 TBD, prizes in 2022/23 were: 1st $5,000, 2nd $2,000, 3rd $1,000). Each ticket sells for $10, and the proceeds of the ticket sales will be yours to keep, thereby recovering your fundraising fee cost. Only one booklet per player will be available.
|Division / Program||Year of Birth||Registration Fee||Rep Tryout Fee|
|U6 / U7||2017 & 2018||$475||N/A|
|U8 / U9||2015 & 2016||$610||N/A|
|U11||2013 & 2014||$710||$150|
|U13||2011 & 2012||$735||$150|
|U15||2009 & 2010||$735||$150|
|U18||2006, 2007, 2008||$775||$150|
|Female Only*||ALL||Through Capital Region Female MHA|
|Development Program**||U9, U11, U13||TBD||N/A|
* Female Players: Peninsula Minor Hockey supports the Capital Region Female Minor Hockey Association (CRFMHA). Female players may chose to play on an all-girls team at CRFMHA or on an integrated team at Peninsula. Players may not register with both associations. Please register directly with the association of your choice. Information about CRFMHA registrations can be found at www.victoriagirlshockey.ca. In the unlikely event that CRFMHA is unable to form a team in your division, returning players from inside our catchment area will be welcome at PMHA.
** Development Program: New details for this optional on-ice development program will be posted online and circulated to PMHA members.
Paying by Installment, Family Discounts, & Financial Assistance
1. Payment Method & Installment Plan
Payment accepted by credit card only, although if special consideration is required, please contact the registrar before May 1st to make arrangements.
Installment payments are available. The first payment of $100 per player is due at the time of registration. Two equal installments for the balance are due on June 1st and August 1st.
2. Family Discounts on Registration
PMHA offers the following discounts for families with multiple children registered:
- Third child discount of $140.
- Fourth child discount of $190.
- Fifth and subsequent child discount of $240.
Discounts will apply to children in descending order of ages.
3. Financial Assistance
Several financial assistance programs, outlined below, are available to PMHA families. As a first step, players must register, and full payment must be made. Families can then apply to the organizations below for assistance. If and when PMHA receives funding on behalf of a child, PMHA will refund the amount of the grant back to the family.
KidSport is a Canada wide program that offers financial assistance to subsidize registration fees for kids participating in organized sports. To apply, you must complete an application form and forward it to KidSport. The form is available online at: http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/british-columbia/greater-victoria/apply-for-assistance/
JumpStart is a Canada wide program that is supported by Canadian Tire. The program offers financial assistance to subsidize registration fees for kids participating in organized sports. Application details can be found on their website: http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en.html
3. Athletics for Kids
Athletics for Kids is another Canadian program that supports kids and families with limited financial resources. The program offers financial assistance to subsidize registration fees for kids participating in organized sports. Application details can be found on their website: https://www.a4k.ca/.
4. Hockey Canada Assist Fund
The Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund is a $1 million fund that has been created to provide help to Canadians experiencing financial challenges as a result of COVID-19. The Assist Fund will provide up to $500 per player in registration fee subsidies to approved applicants who are registered with a Hockey Canada-sanctioned association, helping young Canadians get back on the ice in their communities. https://assistfund.hockeycanadafoundation.ca/en/index.html
5. PMHA Family Assistance Fund
Families requiring additional assistance for funding of registration fees can apply to the PMHA Financial Assistance Program. Applications must be submitted to the PMHA Registrar during the registration period in order to be considered for the season beginning in September. The amount of funding dispersed is dependent on funding available in the PMHA Financial Assistance Budget, and the number of applicants.
Terms and Condition
- A player with outstanding fees cannot register until all outstanding fees are paid in full.
- Refunds are based on paid pro-rated registration fees less the Hockey Canada insurance fee and a $100 fee to cover bank/admin fees up until December 15th. Requests must be made to the registrar prior to December 15th with the date of player's last time on the ice (practice or game).
For additional information about these or any other assistance programs or to clarify Terms & Conditions, please contact the PMHA Registrar.