If your are a returning player, you may register online from May 1st to May 31st. After May 31st, new players and those who wish to be added to our waitlist are asked to complete our waitlist form (which will be available starting June 1st).
New this Season - Fundraising Fee
In order to keep up with increasing costs of a running a not for profit hockey association, and to keep registration fees similar to last year, PMHA will be introducing a fundraising fee of $100 per player. At the beginning of the season, you will be given 10 tickets to sell at $10 each with the prizes being cash (amounts TBD). You will see a $100 fundraising fee added on to your registration and the proceeds of the ticket sales will be for you to keep to recover your cost.
|Division / Program||Year of Birth||Registration Fee||Rep Tryout Fee|
|U7 (formerly Initiation Minor / Major)||2014-15||$450||N/A|
|U9 formerly (Novice Minor / Major)||2012-13||$585||N/A|
|U11 (formerly Atom)||2010-11||$685||$125|
|U13 (formerly Pee Wee)||2008-09||$710||$125|
|U15 (formerly Bantam)||2006-07||$710||$125|
|U18 (formerly Midget)||2003-05||$750||$125|
|Female Only*||ALL||Through Capital Region Female MHA|
* Female Players: Peninsula Minor Hockey supports the new Capital Region Female Minor Hockey Association (CRFMHA). Female players may chose to play on an all-girls team at CRFMHA or on an integrated team at Peninsula. Players may not register with both associations. Please register directly with the association of your choice. Information about CRFMHA registrations can be found at www.victoriagirlshockey.ca. In the unlikely event that CRFMHA is unable to form a team in your division, returning players from inside our catchment area will be welcome at PMHA.
** Development Program: PMHA is proud to partner with Rob Armstrong and Hockey Evolution on an a new and enhanced development program. Details will be posted online and circulated to PMHA members. This program is optional, and on-ice development sessions with individual teams will still be part of our normal hockey program.
Paying by Installment, Family Discounts, & Financial Assistance
1. Payment Method & Installment Plan
Payment accepted by credit card only, although if special consideration is required, please contact the registrar before May 1st to make arrangements.
Installment payments are available. The first payment of $100 per player is due at the time of registration. Two equal installments for the balance are due on July 15th and August 15th.
2. Family Discounts on Registration
PMHA offers the following discounts for families with multiple children registered:
- Third child discount of $140.
- Fourth child discount of $190.
- Fifth and subsequent child discount of $240.
Discounts will apply to children in descending order of ages.
3. Financial Assistance
Several financial assistance programs, outlined below, are available to PMHA families. As a first step, players must register, and full payment must be made. Families can then apply to the organizations below for assistance. If and when PMHA receives funding on behalf of a child, PMHA will refund the amount of the grant back to the family.
KidSport is a Canada wide program that offers financial assistance to subsidize registration fees for kids participating in organized sports. To apply, you must complete an application form and forward it to KidSport. The form is available online at: http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/british-columbia/greater-victoria/apply-for-assistance/
JumpStart is a Canada wide program that is supported by Canadian Tire. The program offers financial assistance to subsidize registration fees for kids participating in organized sports. Application details can be found on their website: http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en.html
3. Athletics for Kids
Athletics for Kids is another Canadian program that supports kids and families with limited financial resources. The program offers financial assistance to subsidize registration fees for kids participating in organized sports. Application details can be found on their website: https://www.a4k.ca/.
4. PMHA Family Assistance Fund
Families requiring additional assistance for funding of registration fees can apply to the PMHA Financial Assistance Program. Applications must be submitted to the PMHA Registrar during the registration period in order to be considered for the season beginning in September. The amount of funding dispersed is dependent on funding available in the PMHA Financial Assistance Budget, and the number of applicants.
Terms and Condition
- A player with outstanding fees cannot register until all outstanding fees are paid in full.
- A late fee of $100 will be charged to all returning players who do not register prior to the May 31st deadline.
- Refunds are based on paid pro-rated registration fees less the Hockey Canada insurance fee of $40 and a $50 fee to cover bank/admin fees up until December 15th. Requests must be made to the registrar prior to December 15th with the date of player's last time on the ice (practice or game).
For additional information about these or any other assistance programs or to clarify Terms & Conditions, please contact the PMHA Registrar.