Visit the BC Hockey Website to find the appropriate coaching course depending on age and skill level of your interest. A listing of available upcoming coaching clinics can be found on the Hockey Canada website. If you are uncertain about your required certification or have further questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
Coach Supervisory Responsibility
The PMHA Board would like to remind coaches of their supervisory responsibilities. The team must be supervised at all times in the locker rooms. For the safety of the coaches, two adults should always be present in the company of the team.
- Coaches Clinics. Reminder: December 1st is the absolute deadline for completion of the courses necessary to be on a roster and the bench.
- Hockey Canada National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Coaching Resources: http://www.bchockey.net/Coaching/Resources.aspx
- Hockey Canada - Helmet Certification Expiry Bulletin
- Checking Skills Handout by Len Barrie.
- New for 2021/22: All coaches (assistants, head coaches, rep or rec) must complete a Coach Application.
- Contract for Coaches & Coaches' Responsibilities - Mandatory reading before applying.
- Coaching applications for 2021/22 open on June 15th, 2021.
- Rep Head Coach applications will close on July 30th, 2021. Applicants will be contacted for interviews shortly after July 30th, 2021.
- Rec Head Coach, and all levels Assistant Coach Applications, will remain open until August 31st, 2021.
- New for the 2021/22 Season: All coaches, head and assistant, must undergo an interview before assuming the role.
- Please read the message from the PMHA President before applying.